Roleplay Makers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplay Makers

Create & participate in RPG's

Homepage  Latest imagesLatest images  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Donations  List of BB codes  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Global Rules  

How could/did you advertise the site?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dex3
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Dex3

Male Number of posts : 788
Custom Title : Ken is c00l
Infractions :
How could/did you advertise the site? Left_bar_bleue0 / 70 / 7How could/did you advertise the site? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-20
RP gold : 2869210
Acheivments Score : 15

RPG Character Select
Hp:
How could/did you advertise the site? Left_bar_bleue10/9999How could/did you advertise the site? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/9999)
Level: 1
Exp:
How could/did you advertise the site? Left_bar_bleue0/99999How could/did you advertise the site? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/99999)

How could/did you advertise the site? Empty
PostSubject: How could/did you advertise the site?   How could/did you advertise the site? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 10:51 am

Back to top Go down
http://hyrulefield.forumotion.net/forum.htm
ilikecorn5
Administrator
Administrator
ilikecorn5

Male Number of posts : 1848
Custom Title : TeH FrienCH AdmINz
Infractions :
How could/did you advertise the site? Left_bar_bleue0 / 70 / 7How could/did you advertise the site? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-18
RP gold : 2870673

RPG Character Select
Hp:
How could/did you advertise the site? Left_bar_bleue10/10How could/did you advertise the site? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Exp:
How could/did you advertise the site? Left_bar_bleue0/99999How could/did you advertise the site? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/99999)

PostSubject: Re: How could/did you advertise the site?   How could/did you advertise the site? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 11:06 am

hehehe... nice
Back to top Go down
ECarminan
Administrator
Administrator
ECarminan

Male Number of posts : 1333
Custom Title : LOL
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-07-18
RP gold : 2885979
Acheivments Score : 10

RPG Character Select
Hp:
How could/did you advertise the site? Left_bar_bleue10/10How could/did you advertise the site? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Exp:
How could/did you advertise the site? Left_bar_bleue0/0How could/did you advertise the site? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: How could/did you advertise the site?   How could/did you advertise the site? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 11:18 am

Nice. I may get an account there myself and advertise with you.

Oh, and I advertised on another forum and got some members.
Back to top Go down
http://ecarminan.blogspot.com/
Dex3
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Dex3

Male Number of posts : 788
Custom Title : Ken is c00l
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-08-20
RP gold : 2869210

RPG Character Select
Hp:
How could/did you advertise the site? Left_bar_bleue10/9999How could/did you advertise the site? Empty_bar_bleue  (10/9999)
Exp:

PostSubject: Re: How could/did you advertise the site?   How could/did you advertise the site? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 11:24 am

ECarminan wrote:

Good idea!

Oh, and who did you advertise from a different site?
Back to top Go down
http://hyrulefield.forumotion.net/forum.htm
ECarminan
Administrator
Administrator
ECarminan

Infractions :

RPG Character Select
Hp:
Exp:
How could/did you advertise the site? Left_bar_bleue0/0How could/did you advertise the site? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: How could/did you advertise the site?   How could/did you advertise the site? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 12:48 pm

Masked Dex3 wrote:
ECarminan wrote:

Good idea!

http://jgnetwork.editboard.com/advertizements-f30/rp-makers-t627.htm
Back to top Go down
Emag
Basic Moderator
Basic Moderator
Emag

Male Number of posts : 381
Location : in my tv... i dont konw how... but ya†...it's not fun...not at all...in the world...not...
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-09-08
RP gold : 2860126

RPG Character Select
Hp:
Exp:

PostSubject: Re: How could/did you advertise the site?   How could/did you advertise the site? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 6:09 pm

i can go put the baner on NH or on another forum ?
Back to top Go down
ilikecorn5
Administrator
Administrator
ilikecorn5

Infractions :

RPG Character Select
Hp:
Exp:

PostSubject: Re: How could/did you advertise the site?   How could/did you advertise the site? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 7:48 pm

Emag wrote:
i can go put the baner on NH or on another forum ?

I think you meen sig right??
Back to top Go down
wernid19
Low Class
Low Class
wernid19

Male Number of posts : 366
Location : 605 Spring St.// Columbus, Texas(take that stalkers)
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-10-14
RP gold : 2842308
Acheivments Score : 30

RPG Character Select
Hp:
Exp:

PostSubject: Re: How could/did you advertise the site?   How could/did you advertise the site? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 5:38 pm

ECarminan wrote:
Masked Dex3 wrote:

Good idea!

Omg, I came from that site.(Are you ever going to post again on there?)

I find it funny that you questioned EC, dex. I really see no reason to lie about it....

My advertising attempts are usually unsuccessful, so I don't think I'll be able to do much.
Back to top Go down
ECarminan
Administrator
Administrator
ECarminan

Infractions :

RPG Character Select
Hp:
Exp:

PostSubject: Re: How could/did you advertise the site?   How could/did you advertise the site? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 6:43 pm

wernid19 wrote:
ECarminan wrote:
Masked Dex3 wrote:

Good idea!

Omg, I came from that site.(Are you ever going to post again on there?)

I find it funny that you questioned EC, dex. I really see no reason to lie about it....

My advertising attempts are usually unsuccessful, so I don't think I'll be able to do much.
I was originally looking for forums to affiliate with, but since I saw this advertising board there, I thought that I'll just do that then leave.
Back to top Go down
ilikecorn5
Administrator
Administrator
ilikecorn5

Infractions :

RPG Character Select
Hp:
Exp:

PostSubject: Re: How could/did you advertise the site?   How could/did you advertise the site? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 9:02 pm

I'm gonna make an Add on youtube... it's gonna be with me and EMag
Back to top Go down
ECarminan
Administrator
Administrator
ECarminan

Infractions :

RPG Character Select
Hp:
Exp:

PostSubject: Re: How could/did you advertise the site?   How could/did you advertise the site? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 10:40 pm

Since I got a Youtube account, I may make a poop involving why to go to this place.

BTW Dex3, I commented your video to change the sites url (Since it is changed lol) but you seemed to have deleted it.
Back to top Go down
ilikecorn5
Administrator
Administrator
ilikecorn5

Infractions :

RPG Character Select
Hp:
Exp:

PostSubject: Re: How could/did you advertise the site?   How could/did you advertise the site? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:45 pm

It's gonna take a while to get all the right stuff for the ad
Back to top Go down
wernid19
Low Class
Low Class
wernid19

Male Number of posts : 366
Location : 605 Spring St.// Columbus, Texas(take that stalkers)
Infractions :

Registration date : 2008-10-14
RP gold : 2842308
Acheivments Score : 30

RPG Character Select
Hp:
Exp:

PostSubject: Re: How could/did you advertise the site?   How could/did you advertise the site? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 3:33 pm

Here's something I found. It might be useful.....
Who is this Article for?

This article is for anyone and everyone. If you just started a new site, this article will help you to gain members and get active. If you have a large site opened for years already, then this article may help you to find new ways to advertise your site and get even bigger. Basically, if you wish to get your site bigger, then this article will help.

Do note that some of the techniques explored below may take time and patience in not only doing them, but also before seeing any type of gain in membership.

How to Get Started

The best websites on the internet may not be the biggest websites. That is because the owner did a bad job of advertising his site to the public and getting the name out. With the right type of advertising, a website could become huge in a matter of a year.

To start, be sure you entire site is finished. This means design, concept, forums, and plenty of articles. You need tons of articles if you want the advertising any good. All the advertising in the world won’t help you if you don’t have something for the people visiting to read or view. Be absolutely sure everything is perfect (in your opinion and in others) before starting your “advertising spree” (as I call it).

Below I will break each type of advertising in different sections to help you decide which parts to read and which to skip. Let’s get started shall we?

Search Engine Advertising and Optimization

This is by far the best thing you could possibly do to gain members. People search. This is a well known fact. Having your site searchable on the biggest search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and MSN will prove to be the best thing you can possibly do.

However, search engine optimization is a huge topic that could take years of work to get its full potential. Rather than providing all of the information here, I will instead point you to various websites and provide small tips to help you get started.

If you run vBulletin and want to optimize it, then the following thread written by T2DMan will help greatly: http://forum.time2dine.co.nz/showthread.php?t=98. Do note that the optimizations made currently only work for vBulletin 3.0.X. I’m sure T2DMan will port over many of the optimizations to vBulletin 3.5 when he is ready.

Unfortunately, I currently don’t have any information on optimizing other boards. If you have information, please contact me and I will update this guide with whatever information I may find.

As far as websites go, optimizing custom sites will probably prove easier than optimizing existing software. If you have a custom built CMS or have nothing but HTML files written by yourself, things will prove to be easier than if you were to use an existing product. Why? Because you know how the code works, where to make adjustments and additions, and how to do them.

A good guide to getting started is available at Google: http://www.google.com/intl/en/webmasters/

Also, another guide exists on TAZ, available here: http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2893

The first thing you can do is submit your site to all of the various search engines. You could save this part for last until of the below is done, but usually is takes a search engine spider a few days/weeks to get started on your site, so an early submission wouldn’t hurt, just be sure to get as much of the below finished before the spiders start rolling in. I’ve found this site through Google that will automatically submit your site to many major search engines. However, I would recommend doing it manually just so you know that it was submitted for sure. Go to each major search engine, find their submission link, and add your site. For example, Google’s is located here.

Next up, choose a keyword for your website. A keyword is basically what a user will type into a search engine before your site comes up. For example, if you are running a Detroit Pistons website, then a wise keyword to use would be Detroit Pistons or Pistons Basketball or even Detroit Basketball. Making a Google search for Detroit Pistons brings up NBA.com’s page for the Pistons as the first result. The second result is the Detroit News’ Pistons page. How did they do it?

First, if you’d look at the URL, they both have Pistons in the URL. That helps to get a higher rating. Next, the title of the site is Detroit Pistons. You can change the title by editing what’s in the

EDIT: http://forumpromotion.net/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=3 There's an ad site.
Back to top Go down
ECarminan
Administrator
Administrator
ECarminan

Infractions :

RPG Character Select
Hp:
Exp:

PostSubject: Re: How could/did you advertise the site?   How could/did you advertise the site? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 6:30 pm

Sweat, I'll advertise later. Right now, I'm kinda busy from side stuff.
Back to top Go down
ilikecorn5
Administrator
Administrator
ilikecorn5

Infractions :

RPG Character Select
Hp:
Exp:

PostSubject: Re: How could/did you advertise the site?   How could/did you advertise the site? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 6:11 pm

I got a Cam-corder for x-mas... me and Emag could make a video Ad!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How could/did you advertise the site?   How could/did you advertise the site? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How could/did you advertise the site?
Page 1 of 1